Radio Questions- Bluetooth and iPhone 5 - Page 2 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Drives 2013 Elantra GT Drives 2008 Lexus IS250
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ajfinoak is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I picked up an iPhone 5 and it synched with Bluetooth with no problem for calling. Is there a way to get the voice directions on the navigation on the phone (Google Maps or Apple Maps) to play through the speakers?
Thanks
Arthur
ajfinoak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#12 Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
TurboLed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Drives Elantra GT GL 2013
Posts: 1,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
TurboLed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfinoak View Post
I picked up an iPhone 5 and it synched with Bluetooth with no problem for calling. Is there a way to get the voice directions on the navigation on the phone (Google Maps or Apple Maps) to play through the speakers?
Thanks
Arthur
Someone suggested the Waze application (it's a free GPS navigation app, try it out)
TurboLed is offline  
#13 Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: china
baoma
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sallyjy is an unknown quantity at this point
There are a free app, it's called MapQuest 3.0 , it may help you! iPhone 5 | Google Maps | MapQuest Voice Guided Navigation this is a article, it's talk abot iPhone 5 voice navigation, i hope it can help you.
Sallyjy is offline  
#14 Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: china
baoma
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sallyjy is an unknown quantity at this point
I playing iTunes via iPhone 5 and having full functionality on radio, but i have to say that the iPhone 5 is a bit different and i have hurd it not working in some cars the same way a 4 S works.
Sallyjy is offline  
#15 Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Grey 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS W/ Preferred Package
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JZacharias is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Questions- Bluetooth and iPhone 5

I have a 2013 elantra without nav, my Bluetooth streaming works fine and so does my lightning cable without adapter shows my track info from iPhone 5. I have full control via steering wheel buttons and the radio


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
JZacharias is offline  
#16 Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, Ca
Drives Elantra GT, IS300
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mahr is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the base radio an iPhone 5. My observations are below. As you can see, there is a major problem for both bluetooth and usb.

  • Bluetooth
    • Calls work great
    • Siri works great
    • Navigation works great
    • Music works about 50% of the time. It either works when I start the car, or it won't work at all and I get a "No Media" error. Siri/Calls still work, so I'm definitely connected via Bluetooth. Anyone else having this issue? It's really annoying.
  • USB
    • Calls work great
    • Siri only works some of the time. When it doesn't work, the chime it makes is cut in half and it never picks up my voice. The failures will keep happening if I retry over and over. If I wait a while than sometimes it'll start working again.
    • Navigation works great.
    • Music works fine with names on the screen. I don't like that it always starts playing from the top of my list of music. I'm getting really sick of Christina Aguilera I might need to rename Apocalyptica to Aapocalyptica.
mahr is offline  
#17 Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Drives 2013 Elantra GT Drives 2008 Lexus IS250
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ajfinoak is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahr View Post
I have the base radio an iPhone 5. My observations are below. As you can see, there is a major problem for both bluetooth and usb.

  • Bluetooth
    • Calls work great
    • Siri works great
    • Navigation works great
    • Music works about 50% of the time. It either works when I start the car, or it won't work at all and I get a "No Media" error. Siri/Calls still work, so I'm definitely connected via Bluetooth. Anyone else having this issue? It's really annoying.
  • USB
    • Calls work great
    • Siri only works some of the time. When it doesn't work, the chime it makes is cut in half and it never picks up my voice. The failures will keep happening if I retry over and over. If I wait a while than sometimes it'll start working again.
    • Navigation works great.
    • Music works fine with names on the screen. I don't like that it always starts playing from the top of my list of music. I'm getting really sick of Christina Aguilera I might need to rename Apocalyptica to Aapocalyptica.
I just recently got the iPhone 5. Have not tried Siri in the car. How do you bring her up or do you still need to press the microphone on the phone (or hold the main button on the phone)? Can you get her "attention" using the steering wheel buttons?
Also, when I am using the phone for navigationwith GoogleMaps or Apple Maps the speaker on the phone calls out instructions but it does not come through the car even though my phone is working for phone calls via Bluetooth. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks!
ajfinoak is offline  
#18 Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
TurboLed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Drives Elantra GT GL 2013
Posts: 1,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
TurboLed is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfinoak View Post
Also, when I am using the phone for navigationwith GoogleMaps or Apple Maps the speaker on the phone calls out instructions but it does not come through the car even though my phone is working for phone calls via Bluetooth. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks!
You need an application that does specifically does it. I heard Waze for iPhone does send directions to the Bluetooth incoming call...
TurboLed is offline  
#19 Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego, Ca
Drives Elantra GT, IS300
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mahr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfinoak View Post
I just recently got the iPhone 5. Have not tried Siri in the car. How do you bring her up or do you still need to press the microphone on the phone (or hold the main button on the phone)? Can you get her "attention" using the steering wheel buttons?
Also, when I am using the phone for navigationwith GoogleMaps or Apple Maps the speaker on the phone calls out instructions but it does not come through the car even though my phone is working for phone calls via Bluetooth. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks!
I use the button on the phone to call up Siri. I have ordered a mount from proclip and will report back when I receive it.

Apple Maps works great for me over both bluetooth and via usb. All directions come through my car's speakers and it quiets the music as well.

I don't understand why there are so many different experiences on this board. You'd think that this stuff should work the same for everyone with the same phone / radio.
mahr is offline  
#20 Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellvue, WA
Elantra GT
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
markjenn is an unknown quantity at this point
New odd bluetooth behavior to report.

My wife mentioned today that she is not getting text alerts from her iPhone 4s whenever she is in the car. We did some tests and it appears that if the phone is paired with the GT's systems, it disables the normal text alert sound the phone makes. If I unpair the phone, then text alerts revert back to the normal behavior playing on the phone.

This may be more iPhone behavior or how devices that are paired with the A2DP protocol (for streaming music) work. If a device is paired to the car, then it thinks that all audio should be played by the car and it mutes the internal audio alert. But in this case, I would think the car should be smart enough to play the alert which it does not.

In any case, it is a pain that to get notification of text messages in the car, you have turn bluetooth off or unpair the phone. OTOH, I guess this could be regarded as a unintended safety feature since you're not supposed to be texting in the car.

- Mark
markjenn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome