Hyundai vs Acura - Page 2 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: westminster co
Sante Fe Sport 2T P&T (wife) Elantra (daughter) Saab 9-5 (me)
Posts: 973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
dtech is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=DeMAN13;1214921]Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura... are at the point where they are leased. Hyundai is probably headed that way. Late 30K+ vehicle are being leased or should be. They all whole their value up to 50k miles. All bets are off after that. Leases nowadays are 2-3 years 24k-36k miles tops for a reason. You can still ask for top dollar on vehicles under 50k miles.

Lexus was interesting - decently equipped msrp is $50k most are leased for what - $400 to $500 - then the dealer can release them or sell one 3 yrs old with under 36k miles for $32 ~ $36k . And as it turns out in Denver where I am a whole bunch of them are bought in auctions back East and shipped to dealers here and then marked them up several thousands. Lot of money being made on the car and very very few private party sellers. Didn't make sense for me to buy a used one vs a new SFS with premium and tech for same or less $$$.

And I ended up financing the SFS for 1.6% .
dtech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#12 Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
gng
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
2013 Santa Fe AWD Limited
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gng is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same debate when I was looking into the acura and hyundai.

The reason why we pick the Santa fe at the end:
- RDX's interior (IMO) is not as pretty as the santa fe (for example, the side panel (where the window buttons are, look a little "too plastic")
- test drove the RDX and Santa fe back to back, to me the santa fe's handling is better.
- V6 engine... i try to stay away from V6
- price - fully loaded RDX is more expensive to a fully loaded santa
- this is a big one for me and my wife - panoramic sunroof, we loved the sunroof on the santa fe

If we have more money, we would probably opt for the MDX, but factoring in the fuel consumption and gas price and premium fuel, we can't justify spending that much money on the car.

Growing up with honda and Acura (94 accord / 04 accord / 04 TL), I do feel that the quality of honda and acura are not as good anymore.

Getting the santa fe in a couple of weeks time, hope it will last me and the next 5-7 years.
gng is offline  
#13 Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Senior Member
 
DeMAN13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Texas
Loaded 2013 SFS 2.0T FWD Mineral Gray
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
DeMAN13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gng View Post
I had the same debate when I was looking into the acura and hyundai.

The reason why we pick the Santa fe at the end:
- RDX's interior (IMO) is not as pretty as the santa fe (for example, the side panel (where the window buttons are, look a little "too plastic")
- test drove the RDX and Santa fe back to back, to me the santa fe's handling is better.
- V6 engine... i try to stay away from V6
- price - fully loaded RDX is more expensive to a fully loaded santa
- this is a big one for me and my wife - panoramic sunroof, we loved the sunroof on the santa fe

If we have more money, we would probably opt for the MDX, but factoring in the fuel consumption and gas price and premium fuel, we can't justify spending that much money on the car.

Growing up with honda and Acura (94 accord / 04 accord / 04 TL), I do feel that the quality of honda and acura are not as good anymore.

Getting the santa fe in a couple of weeks time, hope it will last me and the next 5-7 years.

Agreed and hope to be joining you soon with a similar equipped SFS turbo version.
DeMAN13 is offline  
#14 Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
rickp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ontario
2011 sonata hybrid 2012 elentra gls 2013 sf 2.0 t awd
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
rickp
i never looked at acura before , glad i did not either
for me i think the are very ugly , it would have stopped there
even before the test drive
rickp is offline  
#15 Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
DeMAN13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Texas
Loaded 2013 SFS 2.0T FWD Mineral Gray
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
DeMAN13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp View Post
i never looked at acura before , glad i did not either
for me i think the are very ugly , it would have stopped there
even before the test drive
RDX is not ugly, but its not eye catching either. SFS has that hands down. Looks like the SF will follow suit. I will almost be willing to bet that the SF limited will come with all the items we are looking for on the SFS to make it complete.

Most RDX owners will defend a higher resale value. (don't lnow anyone breaking down a door getting to something where premium gas is the recommend fill)
DeMAN13 is offline  
#16 Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
 
rickp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ontario
2011 sonata hybrid 2012 elentra gls 2013 sf 2.0 t awd
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
rickp
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMAN13 View Post
RDX is not ugly, but its not eye catching either. SFS has that hands down. Looks like the SF will follow suit. I will almost be willing to bet that the SF limited will come with all the items we are looking for on the SFS to make it complete.

Most RDX owners will defend a higher resale value. (don't lnow anyone breaking down a door getting to something where premium gas is the recommend fill)
like i said for me, i think its ugly
rickp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome