Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: westminster co
Sante Fe Sport 2T P&T (wife) Elantra (daughter) Saab 9-5 (me)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I had the same debate when I was looking into the acura and hyundai.
The reason why we pick the Santa fe at the end:
- RDX's interior (IMO) is not as pretty as the santa fe (for example, the side panel (where the window buttons are, look a little "too plastic")
- test drove the RDX and Santa fe back to back, to me the santa fe's handling is better.
- V6 engine... i try to stay away from V6
- price - fully loaded RDX is more expensive to a fully loaded santa
- this is a big one for me and my wife - panoramic sunroof, we loved the sunroof on the santa fe
If we have more money, we would probably opt for the MDX, but factoring in the fuel consumption and gas price and premium fuel, we can't justify spending that much money on the car.
Growing up with honda and Acura (94 accord / 04 accord / 04 TL), I do feel that the quality of honda and acura are not as good anymore.
Getting the santa fe in a couple of weeks time, hope it will last me and the next 5-7 years.
i never looked at acura before , glad i did not either
for me i think the are very ugly , it would have stopped there
even before the test drive
RDX is not ugly, but its not eye catching either. SFS has that hands down. Looks like the SF will follow suit. I will almost be willing to bet that the SF limited will come with all the items we are looking for on the SFS to make it complete.
Most RDX owners will defend a higher resale value. (don't lnow anyone breaking down a door getting to something where premium gas is the recommend fill)
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|