Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Drives Sonata 2010 Sport
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This is an interesting option. It does not say much about audio:
- Realtek ALC5623
- Digital-to-Analog Converter with 92dB SNR and –85dB THD+N
- Analog-to-Digital Converter with 85dB SNR and –80dB THD+N
- Stereo headphone output with on-chip 45mW headphone driver (AVDD=3.3V, 16Ω load)
- 3 channels separated logic (2+1)
- 10 Band graphic Equalizer.
Can you provide more info on RMS Power, THD, speakers, etc... and compare vs the optional Infinity system?
You can get the upgraded Infiniti Audio System only with the tech pachage.
Basically the tech package provides both Navigation and upgraded audio. You cannot choose to have one or the other.
I understand that your product is a valid alternative for Navigation but it is not improving the factory basic Audio.
Unless you mean to have your product installed on fully loaded models. That will not save me any $$$.
Ultimately you're right because if I understand correctly, you already have to have the infinity system and nav for this to work...correct?
Not sure how much the sound will improve, but what one would essentially be paying for is the extra multimedia features and more importantly, to those for whom navigation is important, a likely much better navigation system.
Charles, I note that in one thread you note the superiority of your navigation over OEM and other out there. Can you answer the following:
- Does yours do 3D?
- Does it do like the newer Garmins and show a "on road view" when you approach turn offs or interchanges?
- Can you clarify how often updates are available, and if there is a charge for updates, how much?
- Presume voice commands is a feature?
One of the downside of the Hyundai nav, as mentioned by Ken Dude, is lack of 3D, and if anything like my fathers 2011 SF, about 3 years out of date when he bought new. Furthermore, $200 to update to the latest maps (which are probably still 2 years out of date) is pretty steep.
So the clincher for this will be quality of the navigation system, as well as frequent and hopefully free or inexpensive updates. Finally, a price that makes it worthwhile given owners would already be forking out a significant amount of coin for the tech package.
My take anyway.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|