Having Trouble With Bluetooth - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Punta Gorda,FL
2011 Santa Fe SE V6 FWD; 2010 G37; 2005 SE Fat Boy
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
movinon
(Thread Starter)
The salesman paired my wife's phone to the 2011 SF the day we took delivery. The next time we started the car it wouldn't connect.
I then paired my wife's and my phone to the SF's bluetooth, then made a call. Everything worked fine. Next time I started the SF it said phone not connected, so I went through the connect procedure again. Today it wouldn't connect again. When I go to SELECT it shows both phones. I had no problem connecting to my G37 or to my Garmin.
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping it is something I'm doing wrong , so I don't have to drive back to the dealer, about a 70 mile round trip.
Thanks for any help
Tom
movinon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
commander769
We have the same problem with our 2011 2.0T SE Sonata, sometimes pairs, sometimes doesn't, dealership told us it was most likely our phones, which is BS since my 2008 Jeep Commander pairs every time we get in the car with either of our phones. We both have common phones, I have the original Motorola Droid and my wife has a newer Samsung Fascinate. It's really a pain to have to go through the menus and connect the phone half the time. The last time I was at the dealer I asked them to check for a radio update, but they simply went through the connection procedure and said it was fine. They don't seem to understand that it should automatically sync up when you enter the vehicle...
commander769 is offline  
#3 Old 05-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Junior Member
 
richiebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
richiebee
I have the same kind of problem, but then again I used to have the same kind of problem connecting to a bluetooth headset too. I thought it might have something to do with me deactivating bluetooth on the phone when its not in the car because it drains the battery in the phone like crazy.
richiebee is offline  
#4 Old 05-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Stef71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, On, Canada
Drives: 2010 Santa Fe FWD 6-speed
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stef71
A month into having my SF, the Bluetooth started acting up. Wouldn't connect at start up or would reconnect randomly ("Connection complete" message would repeat). Then it started not connecting unless I went through the menu and told it to connect. then would not connect at all. Deleted my phone from the list and tried to pair it again. Worked a few times and then stopped completely. Service manager tried to connect his own phone and couldn't.

After bringing it in to have a tech look at it, they ordered me a new radio. Haven't had a problem since.

Stef
2010 Santa Fe GL FWD,
6 Speed Manual
Harbor Gray - "Lumpy"
Stef71 is offline  
#5 Old 05-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Drives 2010 Santa Fe SE V6 AWD
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
maltz
QUOTE (CAN2011SantaFe @ May 14 2011, 10:23 AM)
Quote:
I have the same kind of problem, but then again I used to have the same kind of problem connecting to a bluetooth headset too. I thought it might have something to do with me deactivating bluetooth on the phone when its not in the car because it drains the battery in the phone like crazy.
Yes, bluetooth has to be on for the phone to pair.

My bluetooth connection was flakey when I first set it up, but after I did a reset to factory settings (on the car, not the phone) and re-paired it, it all worked great.
maltz is offline  
#6 Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Punta Gorda,FL
2011 Santa Fe SE V6 FWD; 2010 G37; 2005 SE Fat Boy
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
movinon
(Thread Starter)
What do you mean by a reset to factory settings on the car? I could do a momentary disconnect of the battery, wouldn't that reset everything?
Tom
movinon is offline  
#7 Old 05-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Member
 
DuckSoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DuckSoup
Send a message via AIM to DuckSoup
When I first got my Santa Fe last summer, I had re-connect issues after the initial pairing. I have an iPhone and the Nav unit in my Santa Fe. I learned that for almost fail-free pairings you should have the bluetooth on your phone enabled BEFORE you start the Santa Fe. If I start the car first and then engage the bluetooth I often have issues even though the phone says "connected".

Then, last month Apple replaced my iPhone with a refurb. To test out my theory from last summer, after the initial pairing on the "new" iPhone, I started the car first and then engaged bluetooth on the phone and had connection issues. I went back to the engage bluetooth on the iPhone first and have had no issues since.

Mike
DuckSoup is offline  
#8 Old 05-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Junior Member
 
richiebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
richiebee
Thanks for this... I'll have to give it a try.

QUOTE (DuckSoup @ May 14 2011, 10:51 PM)
Quote:
When I first got my Santa Fe last summer, I had re-connect issues after the initial pairing. I have an iPhone and the Nav unit in my Santa Fe. I learned that for almost fail-free pairings you should have the bluetooth on your phone enabled BEFORE you start the Santa Fe. If I start the car first and then engage the bluetooth I often have issues even though the phone says "connected".
richiebee is offline  
#9 Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Punta Gorda,FL
2011 Santa Fe SE V6 FWD; 2010 G37; 2005 SE Fat Boy
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
movinon
(Thread Starter)
I'm still having problems with our cell phones hooking up. We both have identical Sanyo cell phones. I had no problem hooking them up to my G37 or my portable Garmin GPS.
I've gone through the setup several times now, which gets them to work. Then the next time the SF is started they may or may not hook up. I put the wife's phone as the priority one, since she drives it the most. This morning I drove the SF by myself and on the way home noticed the phone symbol wasn't on the radio screen. I went into the settings and selected my phone as the priority one, thinking that might do it, but it wouldn't connect. When I check the settings both phones are listed, so I can't figure why mine didn't connect. Last time the wife drove the SF her phone connected.
I hate to drive 70 mile round trip to the dealer, since I'm sure they will pair the 2 phones up and tell me it works fine.
Tom
movinon is offline  
#10 Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Stef71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, On, Canada
Drives: 2010 Santa Fe FWD 6-speed
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stef71
QUOTE (movinon @ Jun 1 2011, 12:03 PM)
Quote:
I'm still having problems with our cell phones hooking up. We both have identical Sanyo cell phones. I had no problem hooking them up to my G37 or my portable Garmin GPS.
I've gone through the setup several times now, which gets them to work. Then the next time the SF is started they may or may not hook up. I put the wife's phone as the priority one, since she drives it the most. This morning I drove the SF by myself and on the way home noticed the phone symbol wasn't on the radio screen. I went into the settings and selected my phone as the priority one, thinking that might do it, but it wouldn't connect. When I check the settings both phones are listed, so I can't figure why mine didn't connect. Last time the wife drove the SF her phone connected.
I hate to drive 70 mile round trip to the dealer, since I'm sure they will pair the 2 phones up and tell me it works fine.
Tom
Just out of curiosity, is your Garmin GPS in your SF? If so, is it always plugged in and turn on as soon as you start the car? If so, it may be connecting to your cellphone faster than your SF. I'm pretty sure that you can't connect to 2 devices at the same time.

Stef
2010 Santa Fe GL FWD,
6 Speed Manual
Harbor Gray - "Lumpy"
Stef71 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome