Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum - View Single Post - Replacement Dvd/gps/tv/bluetooth Unit
View Single Post
#6 Old 02-03-2009, 09:49 AM
glospete

Sante Fe 2.2 Premium CRDi Auto, 5 seater
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
glospete
(Thread Starter)
QUOTE (Meagain @ Feb 2 2009, 06:20 PM)
Quote:
Wow. Thanks so much for taking the time to post all that detail for us. Very nice/helpful.

I'm a bit confused as to which unit is which when you refer to having 2 choices there. This looks different from yours yet lists the model no. as WD6001. Has different buttons than yours.

I also found this one somewhere. http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/s...ntafecamera.jpg

May I ask a stupid question? This unit merely controls the stereo. It has no effect on the 605w Infinity unit and doesn't change sound quality or watts, etc. Right?
Sorry Meagain not to make this clear! Originally I had a choice between 2 units - one (I forget the number) and the one I bought WD6001. I now see that Waywell no longer offer any other unit for the Santa Fe except WD6001. This is the one in all the pictures. Hope that clears that up! The unit you linked to is NOT the same Waywell unit as I have.

The unit replaces the stereo so I'm not sure what you are asking. In the UK the Santa Fe comes with an amplifier under the driver's seat (Infinity unit not available) and the WD6001 links with that amplifier and also the steering wheeel controls operate as before.

Santa Fe 2.2 Premium CRDi Auto - 5 Seat; Carbon Grey
ordered: 8 March 2010; delivered: 29 July 2010

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome