Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum - View Single Post - Replacement Dvd/gps/tv/bluetooth Unit
View Single Post
#2 Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
antoniobb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
antoniobb
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I have also purchased the very same unit (i did pay a little more: $520 with 2day shipping to USA) but included a rear view camera and a TV antena at www.tradesolution.hk)

I must say I agree with everything said in this first post, there is a perfect match in color and size and makes the unit look as factory original. I was able to get my gps to work with a Garmin XT system, (which took about 2 days to make it work) but at the end, it works like a charm.

I installed the rear view camera inside the just below the third brake light to avoid getting it robbed.

I also hooked up the bluetooth system, with the only complaint that since the microphone is "built in" the person at the other side of the conversation has a hard time hearing me.. (maybe it is a faulty bluetooth connection?? anyone else has experienced this?)

About the high pitched noise... it is also present on my unit, and I know this should be mainly because of a bad ground cable but it is so low that you may barely notice it.

I will be more than happy to reply to any questions that may arise from other SF owners.

by the way, mine is a 2008, CDRI 2.2

I will rate installation as very easy, and the camera installation as a moderate diffictuly (specially getting the reverse light signal)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome