Compass-NAV Santa Fe DM 2013 Aftermarket Navigation - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
 
charlesj123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Drives Sonata 2010 Sport
Posts: 1,278
charlesj123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to charlesj123
Exclamation Compass-NAV Santa Fe DM 2013 Aftermarket Navigation

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for watching this thread.

I'm just dropping few words to announce the availability soon of our aftermarket navigation solution for the Santa Fe 2013.

Two trims style will be available and we already have few pictures you can see.


http://www.hyundai-forums.com/259-co...fe-2009-a.html

For more information, please contact me by PM or my email: compass-nav@videotron.ca

Truly yours,

Charles
__________________
www.compass-nav.com ___ DRIVEN BY PASSION ___ Integrated Navigation systems___ Like us! www.facebook.com
charlesj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas
2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD - Canyon Copper / Beige
Posts: 423
KenDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Any way to just replace the navigation software/maps with your version if we already have the Hyundai Tech package with Navigation? I've been disappointed in the lack of 3D perspective view on the 2013 Santa Fe and the POI's are at least 4-5 years out of date, for example still reporting a McDonalds near my house that has been a Subway for at least 4-5 years now. I don't have the XM Traffic features (red/yellow/green overlay on highways) as it doesn't come with the 2013 Santa Fe, so that isn't an issue for me as I wouldn't pay for it anyway in my city as when I had it on a prior car it wasn't very good....
KenDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
2013 Santa Fe GLS AWD Leath+Techn, Red.
Posts: 624
angelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

This is an interesting option. It does not say much about audio:
Audio Section
- Realtek ALC5623
- Digital-to-Analog Converter with 92dB SNR and –85dB THD+N
- Analog-to-Digital Converter with 85dB SNR and –80dB THD+N
- Stereo headphone output with on-chip 45mW headphone driver (AVDD=3.3V, 16Ω load)
- 3 channels separated logic (2+1)
- 10 Band graphic Equalizer.

Can you provide more info on RMS Power, THD, speakers, etc... and compare vs the optional Infinity system?
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Volvo S60
Posts: 174
syy_fyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
This is an interesting option.
Angelo, what other after-market touchscreen navigation system options are available?? Which brands?? and where can I buy those??

I think I rather want to go with after-market then getting Hyundai's built-in one due to the extremely high cost they are asking for it..
__________________
Sorry GM.. I am going with Hyundai..!!!
syy_fyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
 
charlesj123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Drives Sonata 2010 Sport
Posts: 1,278
charlesj123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to charlesj123
Default

Hi Angelo,

Please let me clarify this.

Our system is not a factory radio replacement, it is a factory radio retrofit. The process is to interface an 8 inch touchscreen with the factory radio. While we are able to retain all the factory features we also add few other multimedia goodies along with navigation. Our system sends low level sound signal to the factory radio through the auxiliary radio input.

So to answer your question directly, after the retrofit, your Infinity sound system remains an Infinity.

Hope it helps!

Charles


Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
This is an interesting option. It does not say much about audio:
Audio Section
- Realtek ALC5623
- Digital-to-Analog Converter with 92dB SNR and 85dB THD+N
- Analog-to-Digital Converter with 85dB SNR and 80dB THD+N
- Stereo headphone output with on-chip 45mW headphone driver (AVDD=3.3V, 16Ω load)
- 3 channels separated logic (2+1)
- 10 Band graphic Equalizer.

Can you provide more info on RMS Power, THD, speakers, etc... and compare vs the optional Infinity system?
__________________
www.compass-nav.com ___ DRIVEN BY PASSION ___ Integrated Navigation systems___ Like us! www.facebook.com
charlesj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
2013 Santa Fe GLS AWD Leath+Techn, Red.
Posts: 624
angelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Charles,
You can get the upgraded Infiniti Audio System only with the tech pachage.
Basically the tech package provides both Navigation and upgraded audio. You cannot choose to have one or the other.
I understand that your product is a valid alternative for Navigation but it is not improving the factory basic Audio.
Unless you mean to have your product installed on fully loaded models. That will not save me any $$$.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
luck11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
'13 SF XL Limited, Becketts Black, Saddle Interior
Posts: 1,677
luck11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
Charles,
You can get the upgraded Infiniti Audio System only with the tech pachage.
Basically the tech package provides both Navigation and upgraded audio. You cannot choose to have one or the other.
I understand that your product is a valid alternative for Navigation but it is not improving the factory basic Audio.
Unless you mean to have your product installed on fully loaded models. That will not save me any $$$.
Ultimately you're right because if I understand correctly, you already have to have the infinity system and nav for this to work...correct?

Not sure how much the sound will improve, but what one would essentially be paying for is the extra multimedia features and more importantly, to those for whom navigation is important, a likely much better navigation system.

Charles, I note that in one thread you note the superiority of your navigation over OEM and other out there. Can you answer the following:
- Does yours do 3D?
- Does it do like the newer Garmins and show a "on road view" when you approach turn offs or interchanges?
- Can you clarify how often updates are available, and if there is a charge for updates, how much?
- Presume voice commands is a feature?

One of the downside of the Hyundai nav, as mentioned by Ken Dude, is lack of 3D, and if anything like my fathers 2011 SF, about 3 years out of date when he bought new. Furthermore, $200 to update to the latest maps (which are probably still 2 years out of date) is pretty steep.

So the clincher for this will be quality of the navigation system, as well as frequent and hopefully free or inexpensive updates. Finally, a price that makes it worthwhile given owners would already be forking out a significant amount of coin for the tech package.

My take anyway.
luck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
 
charlesj123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Drives Sonata 2010 Sport
Posts: 1,278
charlesj123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to charlesj123
Default

Luck11,

You bring good points on the table.

Ok, let's talk about the sound issue first. That is true, our system will not improve the factory sound system. Since we interface to the existing factory radio, well... you got it... on that aspect, you don't lose or win anything.

However, I've seen numerous factory installs, with low lever converters (quality one please), that can give lessons to good aftermarket setups. Unfortunately when you buy a new vehicle, you are mostly facing to buy a whole package for the option you really wish. My understanding from you guys is; the Infinity system is part of the BIG package.

For the navigation, I should not take the credit for the software since Nav & Go is the software developer of IGO. Nav & Go is a white label software company and they don't sell PND's. They are a provider to hardware manufacturer and they customize the software as you wish.

I had countless request from Hyundai customers to change their factory nav to our system. Our integration is not as tight as the factory but we give a better navigational experience on the other hand.

To ask your question directly, here you go:

- Yes, 3D landscape, buildings, Auto zoom 3D.

- Yes very close, this is what they call Reality View.


- Updates are available about once a year. Yes they charge for the update and please consider that Nav & Go does not sell any hardware so they have less revenues in that sense. The update cost is below $100 and in my opinion very reasonable.

- Voice command is an optional feature and will be implemented next year.

Like you said, I think it depends on customer preferences.

Your questions had the merit to be clarified.

Have a good evening all.

Charles






Quote:
Originally Posted by luck11 View Post
Ultimately you're right because if I understand correctly, you already have to have the infinity system and nav for this to work...correct?

Not sure how much the sound will improve, but what one would essentially be paying for is the extra multimedia features and more importantly, to those for whom navigation is important, a likely much better navigation system.

Charles, I note that in one thread you note the superiority of your navigation over OEM and other out there. Can you answer the following:
- Does yours do 3D?
- Does it do like the newer Garmins and show a "on road view" when you approach turn offs or interchanges?
- Can you clarify how often updates are available, and if there is a charge for updates, how much?
- Presume voice commands is a feature?

One of the downside of the Hyundai nav, as mentioned by Ken Dude, is lack of 3D, and if anything like my fathers 2011 SF, about 3 years out of date when he bought new. Furthermore, $200 to update to the latest maps (which are probably still 2 years out of date) is pretty steep.

So the clincher for this will be quality of the navigation system, as well as frequent and hopefully free or inexpensive updates. Finally, a price that makes it worthwhile given owners would already be forking out a significant amount of coin for the tech package.

My take anyway.
__________________
www.compass-nav.com ___ DRIVEN BY PASSION ___ Integrated Navigation systems___ Like us! www.facebook.com
charlesj123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
luck11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
'13 SF XL Limited, Becketts Black, Saddle Interior
Posts: 1,677
luck11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

OK, the big question on my mind, which for some reason I cannot seem to find anywhere in these forums, is how much your integration package costs.
luck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Volvo S60
Posts: 174
syy_fyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luck11 View Post
OK, the big question on my mind, which for some reason I cannot seem to find anywhere in these forums, is how much your integration package costs.
you have to PM or email Charles to get the pricing..
__________________
Sorry GM.. I am going with Hyundai..!!!
syy_fyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.