Difference Between 2012 and 2013 Elantras? - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kings Park
Thinking of Driving Elantra A/T GLS
Posts: 9
AllisonMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Difference Between 2012 and 2013 Elantras?

I'm in the market for a new 2012 or 2013 Elantra. One is more expensive than the other, though I can't find any differences between the two. After adding on the preferred packages to both, the prices are 2013/$19,200, and 2012/$18,970.


Are there any significant differences between the two? On the HyundaiUSA website, the 2013 appears to be equipped with BlueLink, and the other is not. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, guys!
AllisonMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Buerkletucson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 587
Buerkletucson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Let's see..........
So the difference you say is only $230 more for the 2013 model?

So why the questions?
Get going and purchase the 2013 ASAP.
__________________
2011 Silver Hyundai Tucson GLS AWD - Navi Package
2013 Barcelona Red Toyota RAV4 XLE
WBL Minnesota
Buerkletucson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kings Park
Thinking of Driving Elantra A/T GLS
Posts: 9
AllisonMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buerkletucson View Post
Let's see..........
So the difference you say is only $230 more for the 2013 model?

So why the questions?
Get going and purchase the 2013 ASAP.
Because money is tight atm. My Dodge just caught fire while I was driving home from work a few days ago, and I'm being forced to lease a new car. That $230 is more than a lease payment =/. I want to know if there are any significant differences between both models that I am not noticing.
AllisonMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
MODERATOR
 
OkieRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Moore, OK USA
Drives 2013 Elantra Ltd, Shimmering White 2012 Tucson GLS, Graphite Gray
Posts: 14,934
OkieRich is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Default

2012 will depreciate faster when you drive it off the lot...as a result of it being "last year's model." However, the dealer should give you a better price break on 2012. If not, go with the 2013. In my opinion.
__________________
Okie Rich
"In an age of information; being ignorant is a choice."
Forum Rules
Ride Of The Month & ROTM Rules

Last edited by OkieRich; 08-05-2012 at 09:37 AM.
OkieRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kings Park
Thinking of Driving Elantra A/T GLS
Posts: 9
AllisonMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieRich View Post
2012 will depreciate faster when you drive it off the lot...as a result of it being "last year's model." However, the dealer should give you a better price break on 2012. If not, go with the 2013. In my opinion.
Thanks for the advice. I noticed that oyu have a 2013 Elantra in white. That's the color I want. What color is the interior, if you mind me asking? I don't think I'm very fond of the tan/black, but that may be because I haven't seen it in person.
AllisonMD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
MODERATOR
 
OkieRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Moore, OK USA
Drives 2013 Elantra Ltd, Shimmering White 2012 Tucson GLS, Graphite Gray
Posts: 14,934
OkieRich is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonMD View Post
Thanks for the advice. I noticed that oyu have a 2013 Elantra in white. That's the color I want. What color is the interior, if you mind me asking? I don't think I'm very fond of the tan/black, but that may be because I haven't seen it in person.
Thanks! This is my 2nd Elantra. It has the black leather. Love it! Other was silver with gray leather. Was crazy about it, as well.

With tinted windows, I don't have any problems with the leather being a "hot" issue as some owner's appear to have.
__________________
Okie Rich
"In an age of information; being ignorant is a choice."
Forum Rules
Ride Of The Month & ROTM Rules
OkieRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aaron.H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

would you not get a better interest rate for the 2013 unless dealer is offering a clearance on 2012 with better financing options unless its used
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Arlington
Elantra GT
Posts: 531
elantraVT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron.H View Post
would you not get a better interest rate for the 2013 unless dealer is offering a clearance on 2012 with better financing options unless its used
generally here in the states, we will get a better interest rate on last years models to push them out the door. Plus much deeper discounts.

So the idea of a 2012 being only a few dollars cheaper than a 2013 means it is either a different package, or there is money being left on the table.
elantraVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JaySi09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
2011 Hyundai Elantra LTD
Posts: 566
JaySi09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to JaySi09
Default

This should help
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gets Price Hike
__________________
2011 IBP Hyundai Elantra Limited May 2011 - August 2013. Gone but not Forgotten
JaySi09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
senior member
 
Em-squared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near Portland, OR
2012 Nissan Leaf SL; 2012 Nissan X-Terra Pro-4X
Posts: 6,837
Em-squared is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonMD View Post
Because money is tight atm. My Dodge just caught fire while I was driving home from work a few days ago, and I'm being forced to lease a new car. That $230 is more than a lease payment =/. I want to know if there are any significant differences between both models that I am not noticing.
Oh man, sorry to hear this. I've had an engine fire once that luckily didn't result in total devastation of the vehicle, but it's scary!

I hope your issues get resolved quickly. I agree that if you can talk the dealers down enough on a 2012, then it could be in your best interest. They WANT to move the older models. However, if it's not much of a difference, then go with the 2013.

BTW!
__________________
Fashionista.



Former driver of 2011 Elantra Limited no tech, and 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
Em-squared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.