|09-21-2011, 10:51 AM||#1 (permalink)|
High Performance Navigation Entertainment System For Your Elantra
This week has been a very exceptional one. So many things have happened; I feel that finally the pieces are falling in to place. The last few months were very challenging in every aspect, but the hard work starts to pay off.
During the development of the product, I tried to stick to my deepest value of being as completely transparent and honest as possible. I took on a personal challenge; to bring to market a product of an exceptional value of performance versus price. Like you, I’m tired of paying exaggerated prices to buy what I really need and want. I’m a newborn in the business; however I think I can bring some fresh air where you and I can be in a win-win situation.
In my mind, and from the beginning, I decided to approach the market in a different way. From the beginning I decided that my main goal would be to beat the portable navigation systems at their own game and integrate a class leading comprehensive GPS solution into an integrated media device. I encourage the customers to consider and compare both options (my integrated solution and the off the shelf standalone GPS devices) and buy accordingly to their needs.
The most difficult task was to build the business according to the above ideal by respecting the profit margins of my suppliers. Compass-NAV, as a company, was founded to minimize the overhead and therefore minimize the impact on final price. I’m in a position today where I can certainly say: “Mission completed”. I was able to create a horizontal business structure to eliminate the waste of money. The whole structure sits on the network of people found on this forum. From the manuals creator, the website designer or the “guinea pig”, everything is working cohesively using today’s technology. The most important thing to mention is all of the participants of this thread that have been following me since the beginning, THANK YOU!! If this thread is growing more than ever, it’s all because of you…. Nothing less.
Today, I can certainly declare that we have in our hands a true master piece of mobile entertainment. The CN-M5 raised the bar in this category in Korea and I’m pleased to integrate their technology to our flavor. We won’t stop it here; we have the room to grow bringing even more exciting features.
Now I’m pleased to present the final offering of the CN-M5 integrated navi-tainment system for your Sonata, look for the “EXCLUSIVES” to Compass NAV’s product. No other vendor offers these features!!
The reason why it integrates so well with existing factory features is because the foundation IS from the factory. Let me explain. Most of the offerings today replace the entire radio and dash components to make it “look” factory. The reality is those manufacturers are using a generic box and they adapt it the best they can to your car. The problem is they can’t integrate perfectly because it would cost them too much money to adapt it 100%, thus loosing XM, steering wheel controls etc…. Our approach is different; we use your current factory radio. Yes! The metal box with the tuners and amplifiers of your existing car, we just remove the face of it thus removing only the keypad and the LCD screen only. That leaves the factory flat ribbon cable and the Bluetooth antenna out of the metal box. That ribbon cable is interfaced with a controller module that converts the messages sent and received by the old face and sent now to our Tablet PC. In reality you keep the master component that retains your factory features but they are now going thru a touchscreen interface.
Retain all your factory features such as:
- Steering wheel controls (VOL+/-, Track+/-, Mode, Voice dial, Answer/Hang-up
- XM Radio
- HD Radio
- IPOD playback
- Factory Climate control
Base kit includes:
1- High Quality plastic trim that matches your factory look and finish.
2- Large 8 inch display pre-assembled into the plastic trim.
3- 6 sets of cable for connectivity (see below)
4- 1 external speaker
5- 1 high power GPS antenna
6- Brackets and mounting screw
7- Trip interface board and cables
8- 1 SDCARD 8 Gig preloaded with IGO Primo with preloaded NAVTEQ map for USA & Canada
9- 1 SDCARD to USB adapter
10- 1 set of User Manuals loaded on SDcard
11- 1 Set of Installation manuals loaded on SDCard
12- A Thank You letter with authenticity certificate with serial number.
13- Warranty card
14- Bill of materials and check list.
- Boot time in less than 7 seconds to Home screen, 17 seconds Navigation fully loaded!
- 8 inch screen, 800 X 480 resolution, 32 bit color depth, super bright 500 candela with very high contrast and graphic details.
- 2.12 Ghz CPU Automotive grade, the fastest in the industry for this class. “EXCLUSIVE”
- 512 Megs RAM, among the highest in the industry “EXCLUSIVE”
- 512 Megs NAND Flash permanent storage
- Realtek ALC5623
- Digital-to-Analog Converter with 92dB SNR and –85dB THD+N
- Analog-to-Digital Converter with 85dB SNR and –80dB THD+N
- Stereo headphone output with on-chip 45mW headphone driver (AVDD=3.3V, 16Ω load)
- 3 channels separated logic (2+1)
- 10 Band graphic Equalizer.
- Main I/O
- 1 USB 2.0 Host port
- 1 Serial port GPS
- Backup Camera Reverse Gear sensing
- Backup Camera Input
- 1 A/V in
- 1 AUX out
- 1 Speaker 2Watts
- SUB I/O
- 1 A/V out
- 1 IR in
- 1 Mic
- 1 Serial port TMC RDS tuner for Traffic Alerts in Navigation “EXCLUSIVE”
- External Accessory Box
- 1 SD Card slot, for GPS
- 1 USB 2.0 Host port
- 1 Reset
- High quality plastic OEM matching color and finish
- High class distinctive illuminated Chrome Keypad with 8 shortcut key and one Volume/ON/OFF volume knob. We use our own high quality Keypad, not the one commonly available on the market.
- All you need is bundled in the kit.
- Refreshed UI for North American customer.
- Distinctive radio interface for your Elantra. We don’t share the same radio interface among the whole car line-up. Your Sonata is distinctive! “EXCLUSIVE”
- Fast and responsive interface even in multitasking mode, thanks to the fast processor and memory.
- “Quick Menu”, easy access to other device functions with only two key press. “EXCLUSIVE”
- 2 different home screens, 1 user customizable wallpaper.
- Music Album Art from external media such has USB key, SDCARD or portable hard drive.
- HD 1080p Video playback from external media such has USB key, SDCARD or portable hard drive. “EXCLUSIVE”
- Memo Pad, write your quick shopping list!
- Photo Album for your favorite pictures of the beloved ones.
- External Video player such as portable DVD player or game console.
- Distinctive Clock Screen with car speed in MPH or KM/h. GPS time synchro.
- Navigation multitasking with other multimedia capabilities without lag!
- “Instant Rear Backup” rear view as soon as the car is engage into reverse gear, even if the device is not fully booted! “EXCLUSIVE”
- Parking Assist System, trajectory prediction by monitoring front steering wheel position.
- “Intelligent Sound Routing” Navigation sound will be routed automatically to the external speaker if the factory radio is busy at playing other sources. “EXCLUSIVE”
- IGO Primo 2.0 Premium navigation package BLUE SKIN “EXCLUSIVE”:
- Pre-loaded maps for North America by Navteq
- True 3D rendering Open GL
- 3D lane Assist and guidance
- Real Junction views and real signposts
- Real Country road shields
- 3D Exits
- On route POI’s for the next 3 exits (User customizable) on your finger tip
- Automatic map scale depending on your driving speed
- On screen selectable POI’s
- Branded POI’s
- Text to Speech PRO (fluent pronunciation)
- Smart data entry
- Route alternative comparison
- Multipoint route
- Proximity alerts
- Road condition alerts
- User Speed Camera database
- Speed limits.
- Much more
Map updates service thru Naviextras.com
- Map updates released at least twice a year.
- Average cost per map update, $60.00
- 3D extras, such as 3D buildings and Speed Cams available for around $10.00 from NaviExtras
- Navteq RDS Traffic Message yearly subscription available.
- Remote control
- Rear CMOS High Resolution Backup Camera
- TMC Tuner (FM RDS Traffic Message Tuner) “EXCLUSIVE”
- Parking Assist System (final testing stage)
- 3 Years transferable standard limited warranty.
- Lifetime support, 16 hours/day on week, 4 hours on Saturday’s.
- Customer support at your convenience, phone, email, Skype and iPhone Face Time.
- Serialized product; we keep records of your purchase for immediate and personalized assistance. You will be contacted for future product updates and enhancement.
- You are a unique customer to us; your kit will be shipped pre-assembled from factory and pre-configured according to your order! “EXCLUSIVE”
- Device complies to FCC CFR47 Part 15B and Industry Canada ICES-003 regulations for safe interaction with factory equipment.
- Proven and tested under harsh weather conditions.
- Stock/Warranty/Repair parts located in California, USA and Montreal, Canada
- Fast exchange of defective parts…. Certain conditions apply
Elantra supported models:
- Elantra 2011 GL, GLS Limited no nav
- Elantra 2012 GL, GLS, LIMITED no nav
- Future Elantra builds.
I sincerely hope you are satisfied with my offering and I remain yours if you have questions.
I thank each and every one of you for your outstanding support and your patience during the past months. A true enthusiast has developed the product for enthusiasts or the customers that look closely for perfection with the best ingredients of the market.
For this loyalty, you are eligible for the first group buy with a massive introductory discount. Please see the details under my site sponsor section. Here: Compass-NAV - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum This is a one-time offer. (Will be online this Saturday morning)
Again thank you and have fun, life is too short.
Last edited by someguy; 04-06-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: requested by charlesj123
|09-21-2011, 11:29 AM||#3 (permalink)|
They probably offered the high tech package for 2012 only, however what we are offering is a bit different. The advantage we have is you can have the base model and add our system after. Our navigation does not rely on the car manufacturer, its independent and you can update you maps a lot more frequently at a cheaper price.
|09-21-2011, 11:52 AM||#6 (permalink)|
I can think of 2 users who have already replaced their factory radios with new head units, perhaps one of them would be willing to sell.
See this thread with links to other similar threads inside and consider contacting BobMAz and dragboy.
Think Twice Before Changing Your Head Unit..
|09-21-2011, 12:14 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Thanks for this great info, I will follow-up on those 2 guys.
Unfortunatly I don't have pricing right now. The system needs to be customized for the North American market. Also we need to contract with a navigation software and obtain licence pricing. Our software will probably be IGO Primo but things are completed yet.
As far the quality, only high quality components are used and the manufactuer is classified as OEM.
I will update my post as soon as I have more info.
Thanks a lot,
|09-21-2011, 04:57 PM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2011
How about a high quality screen or something or integrating one of the newer tablets with retina display. A lot of the displays in cars leave a lot to be desired and the UIs look more like something from a Leapster game vs a $1000 system.
That being said, I'm interested if the product and price are right.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|