Installing Amp In 2011 Elantra Gls With Navigation - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
votedthe1
Default

i need to know how to get to the rca cables of the factory radio do i need to remove the radio if so how or is there another way to tap into the signal
votedthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ottawa
Posts: 568
tyjames
Default

Good Question, I was going to leave that to the pros
__________________
-ty
tyjames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
crcendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Drives 2011 Elantra Limited w/Nav and 2003 Acura CL Type S w/Nav
Posts: 381
crcendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

QUOTE (votedthe1 @ Apr 13 2011, 03:06 PM)
Quote:
i need to know how to get to the rca cables of the factory radio do i need to remove the radio if so how or is there another way to tap into the signal

For the GLS, you will need to remove the head unit for signal to your line out converter or speaker level inputs into your amp.
crcendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
quantech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 146
quantech
Default

I am not positive, but if you call Crutchfield and tell them that you have a 2011 Elantra and tell them you are interested in upgrading/modifying the factory stereo, they'd probably tell you on the phone what needs to be done (not detailed, step by step directions, but a rough idea) assuming that they have wiring schematics or a diagram of the Elantra with and without the factory navigation system. I plan on putting an under the seat sub in mine in a few months but I'm going to leave that up to a local guy who's been doing custom car audio for years and years. I am sure he has the resources or smarts to figure it all out without any problems and for $75 in labor I'd rather have him do it then sweat and curse for hours trying to do it myself.

I think that someone said in a recent thread on this forum that the Elantra's external amp is located in the trunk on the passenger side underneath the rear deck but I haven't looked myself. If it is there you could probably tap into the signal there or just remove it all together and replace it with another amp. I do know that all the speakers in the car are 2 Ohm though so you have to make sure you match resistance loads unless you plan on also replacing the factory speakers too.
quantech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jng34c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 548
jng34c
Default

QUOTE (Quantech @ Apr 13 2011, 07:45 PM)
Quote:
I am not positive, but if you call Crutchfield and tell them that you have a 2011 Elantra and tell them you are interested in upgrading/modifying the factory stereo, they'd probably tell you on the phone what needs to be done (not detailed, step by step directions, but a rough idea) assuming that they have wiring schematics or a diagram of the Elantra with and without the factory navigation system. I plan on putting an under the seat sub in mine in a few months but I'm going to leave that up to a local guy who's been doing custom car audio for years and years. I am sure he has the resources or smarts to figure it all out without any problems and for $75 in labor I'd rather have him do it then sweat and curse for hours trying to do it myself.

I think that someone said in a recent thread on this forum that the Elantra's external amp is located in the trunk on the passenger side underneath the rear deck but I haven't looked myself. If it is there you could probably tap into the signal there or just remove it all together and replace it with another amp. I do know that all the speakers in the car are 2 Ohm though so you have to make sure you match resistance loads unless you plan on also replacing the factory speakers too.
I don't know anything really about amps, but I did find where it was located. If you look on the right panel of the interior of the trunk, you'll see a tear away panel with a clip that you can open up and if you look inside, you'll see the panel back there.
__________________
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." - David O. McKay
jng34c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
votedthe1
Default

well i found the amp and which clips were radio and which were nav and rear camera now just need wire diagram for the clips for speakers
votedthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
crcendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Drives 2011 Elantra Limited w/Nav and 2003 Acura CL Type S w/Nav
Posts: 381
crcendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

QUOTE (votedthe1 @ Apr 14 2011, 04:40 PM)
Quote:
well i found the amp and which clips were radio and which were nav and rear camera now just need wire diagram for the clips for speakers

Are you saying there is a separate amp in the GLS? Where is it located? I was under the impression there is no amp in the GLS and is powered from the head unit.
crcendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
votedthe1
Default

i went to the hyundai dealer and they said if it has navigation regardless of trim it has an amp and if no navigation then it is powered from head unit it is in same place as for the limited the right side of trunk behind carpeted side
votedthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
crcendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Drives 2011 Elantra Limited w/Nav and 2003 Acura CL Type S w/Nav
Posts: 381
crcendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

QUOTE (votedthe1 @ Apr 15 2011, 12:42 AM)
Quote:
i went to the hyundai dealer and they said if it has navigation regardless of trim it has an amp and if no navigation then it is powered from head unit it is in same place as for the limited the right side of trunk behind carpeted side

That's true because it is the same 360w sound system. You never said you had nav. Run power wire from battery, and here are the pinouts for the amp.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Amp.gif (40.3 KB, 178 views)
crcendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.