|09-21-2011, 10:21 AM||#1 (permalink)|
High Performance Navigation entertainment system for your Sonata
This week has been a very exceptional one. So many things have happened; I feel that finally the pieces are falling in to place. The last few months were very challenging in every aspect, but the hard work starts to pay off.
During the development of the product, I tried to stick to my deepest value of being as completely transparent and honest as possible. I took on a personal challenge; to bring to market a product of an exceptional value of performance versus price. Like you, I’m tired of paying exaggerated prices to buy what I really need and want. I’m a newborn in the business; however I think I can bring some fresh air where you and I can be in a win-win situation.
In my mind, and from the beginning, I decided to approach the market in a different way. From the beginning I decided that my main goal would be to beat the portable navigation systems at their own game and integrate a class leading comprehensive GPS solution into an integrated media device. I encourage the customers to consider and compare both options (my integrated solution and the off the shelf standalone GPS devices) and buy accordingly to their needs.
The most difficult task was to build the business according to the above ideal by respecting the profit margins of my suppliers. Compass-NAV, as a company, was founded to minimize the overhead and therefore minimize the impact on final price. I’m in a position today where I can certainly say: “Mission completed”. I was able to create a horizontal business structure to eliminate the waste of money. The whole structure sits on the network of people found on this forum. From the manuals creator, the website designer or the “guinea pig”, everything is working cohesively using today’s technology. The most important thing to mention is all of the participants of this thread that have been following me since the beginning, THANK YOU!! If this thread is growing more than ever, it’s all because of you…. Nothing less.
Today, I can certainly declare that we have in our hands a true master piece of mobile entertainment. The CN-M5 raised the bar in this category in Korea and I’m pleased to integrate their technology to our flavor. We won’t stop it here; we have the room to grow bringing even more exciting features.
Now I’m pleased to present the final offering of the CN-M5 integrated navi-tainment system for your Sonata, look for the “EXCLUSIVES” to Compass NAV’s product. No other vendor offers these features!!
The reason why it integrates so well with existing factory features is because the foundation IS from the factory. Let me explain. Most of the offerings today replace the entire radio and dash components to make it “look” factory. The reality is those manufacturers are using a generic box and they adapt it the best they can to your car. The problem is they can’t integrate perfectly because it would cost them too much money to adapt it 100%, thus loosing XM, steering wheel controls etc…. Our approach is different; we use your current factory radio. Yes! The metal box with the tuners and amplifiers of your existing car, we just remove the face of it thus removing only the keypad and the LCD screen only. That leaves the factory flat ribbon cable and the Bluetooth antenna out of the metal box. That ribbon cable is interfaced with a controller module that converts the messages sent and received by the old face and sent now to our Tablet PC. In reality you keep the master component that retains your factory features but they are now going thru a touchscreen interface.
Retain all your factory features such as:
- Steering wheel controls (VOL+/-, Track+/-, Mode, Voice dial, Answer/Hang-up
- XM Radio
- HD Radio
- IPOD playback
- Factory Climate control
Base kit includes:
1- High Quality plastic trim that matches your factory look and finish.
2- Large 8 inch display pre-assembled into the plastic trim.
3- 6 sets of cable for connectivity (see below)
4- 1 external speaker
5- 1 high power GPS antenna
6- Brackets and mounting screw
7- Trip interface board and cables
8- 1 SDCARD 8 Gig preloaded with IGO Primo with preloaded NAVTEQ map for USA & Canada
9- 1 SDCARD to USB adapter
10- 1 set of User Manuals loaded on SDcard
11- 1 Set of Installation manuals loaded on SDCard
12- A Thank You letter with authenticity certificate with serial number.
13- Warranty card
14- Bill of materials and check list.
- Boot time in less than 7 seconds to Home screen, 17 seconds Navigation fully loaded!
- 8 inch screen, 800 X 480 resolution, 32 bit color depth, super bright 500 candela with very high contrast and graphic details.
- 2.12 Ghz CPU Automotive grade, the fastest in the industry for this class. “EXCLUSIVE”
- 512 Megs RAM, among the highest in the industry “EXCLUSIVE”
- 512 Megs NAND Flash permanent storage
- Realtek ALC5623
- Digital-to-Analog Converter with 92dB SNR and –85dB THD+N
- Analog-to-Digital Converter with 85dB SNR and –80dB THD+N
- Stereo headphone output with on-chip 45mW headphone driver (AVDD=3.3V, 16Ω load)
- 3 channels separated logic (2+1)
- 10 Band graphic Equalizer.
- Main I/O
- 1 USB 2.0 Host port
- 1 Serial port GPS
- Backup Camera Reverse Gear sensing
- Backup Camera Input
- 1 A/V in
- 1 AUX out
- 1 Speaker 2Watts
- SUB I/O
- 1 A/V out
- 1 IR in
- 1 Mic
- 1 Serial port TMC RDS tuner for Traffic Alerts in Navigation “EXCLUSIVE”
- External Accessory Box
- 1 SD Card slot, for GPS
- 1 USB 2.0 Host port
- 1 Reset
- High quality plastic OEM matching color and finish
- High class distinctive illuminated Chrome Keypad with 8 shortcut key and one Volume/ON/OFF volume knob. We use our own high quality Keypad, not the one commonly available on the market.
- Relocated Passenger Airbag /Seat Belt warning lights. Temperature sensor in progress.
- All you need is bundled in the kit.
- Refreshed UI for North American customer.
- Distinctive radio interface for your Sonata. We don’t share the same radio interface among the whole car line-up. Your Sonata is distinctive! “EXCLUSIVE”
- Fast and responsive interface even in multitasking mode, thanks to the fast processor and memory.
- “Quick Menu”, easy access to other device functions with only two key press. “EXCLUSIVE”
- 2 different home screens, 1 user customizable wallpaper.
- Music Album Art from external media such has USB key, SDCARD or portable hard drive.
- HD 1080p Video playback from external media such has USB key, SDCARD or portable hard drive. “EXCLUSIVE”
- Memo Pad, write your quick shopping list!
- Photo Album for your favorite pictures of the beloved ones.
- External Video player such as portable DVD player or game console.
- Distinctive Clock Screen with car speed in MPH or KM/h. GPS time synchro.
- Navigation multitasking with other multimedia capabilities without lag!
- “Instant Rear Backup” rear view as soon as the car is engage into reverse gear, even if the device is not fully booted! “EXCLUSIVE”
- Parking Assist System, trajectory prediction by monitoring front steering wheel position.
- “Intelligent Sound Routing” Navigation sound will be routed automatically to the external speaker if the factory radio is busy at playing other sources. “EXCLUSIVE”
- IGO Primo 2.0 Premium navigation package BLUE SKIN “EXCLUSIVE”:
- Pre-loaded maps for North America by Navteq
- True 3D rendering Open GL
- 3D lane Assist and guidance
- Real Junction views and real signposts
- Real Country road shields
- 3D Exits
- On route POI’s for the next 3 exits (User customizable) on your finger tip
- Automatic map scale depending on your driving speed
- On screen selectable POI’s
- Branded POI’s
- Text to Speech PRO (fluent pronunciation)
- Smart data entry
- Route alternative comparison
- Multipoint route
- Proximity alerts
- Road condition alerts
- User Speed Camera database
- Speed limits.
- Much more
Map updates service thru Naviextras.com
- Map updates released at least twice a year.
- Average cost per map update, $60.00
- 3D extras, such as 3D buildings and Speed Cams available for around $10.00 from NaviExtras
- Navteq RDS Traffic Message yearly subscription available.
- Remote control
- Rear CMOS High Resolution Backup Camera
- TMC Tuner (FM RDS Traffic Message Tuner) “EXCLUSIVE”
- Parking Assist System (final testing stage)
- 3 Years transferable standard limited warranty.
- Lifetime support, 16 hours/day on week, 4 hours on Saturday’s.
- Customer support at your convenience, phone, email, Skype and iPhone Face Time.
- Serialized product; we keep records of your purchase for immediate and personalized assistance. You will be contacted for future product updates and enhancement.
- You are a unique customer to us; your kit will be shipped pre-assembled from factory and pre-configured according to your order! “EXCLUSIVE”
- Device complies to FCC CFR47 Part 15B and Industry Canada ICES-003 regulations for safe interaction with factory equipment.
- Proven and tested under harsh weather conditions.
- Stock/Warranty/Repair parts located in California, USA and Montreal, Canada
- Fast exchange of defective parts…. Certain conditions apply
Sonata supported models:
- Sonata 2011 GL, GLS
- Sonata 2011 LIMITED 6 CD, currently not supported, BUT we will develop according to demand. We are ready to do it!
- Sonata 2012 GL, GLS, LIMITED
- Future Sonata builds.
I sincerely hope you are satisfied with my offering and I remain yours if you have questions.
I thank each and every one of you for your outstanding support and your patience during the past months. A true enthusiast has developed the product for enthusiasts or the customers that look closely for perfection with the best ingredients of the market.
For this loyalty, you are eligible for the first group buy with a massive introductory discount. Please see the details under my site sponsor section. Here: Compass-NAV - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum This is a one-time offer. (Will be online this Saturday morning)
Again thank you and have fun, life is too short.
Last edited by Mod King; 04-09-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: per the OP
|09-21-2011, 06:05 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2011
I dont know if those are actual photos or suppose to be what it will look like but it looks good. Some things to think about are that the 2012's have bluelink and would be nice if that could also somehow be incorporated and not lost. Also the steering wheel controls.
What is the price suppose to be like and is this something that would need to be installed by a shop or dealership or could it be installed by the owner relatively easily?
I would have just given you my old radio cause I had a car totalled but I dont have it anymore. I would check a salvage yard, especially one that auctions totalled cars from insurance companies because they will auction off and sell the parts off of it to you.
|09-21-2011, 08:38 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Thanks for your interest. Yes, this is the actual picture of the system. Don't worry, all factory features will be kept. In fact, we retrofit your factory radio with a touch screen computer bezel. All the features you already had are kept and accessible thru the touch screen or harware keys.
We can add other features like navigation and multimedia because the new front bezel is not only a touch screen, its also a high power Windows CE device. ( I will post later the harware specs.)
See attached picture, you will see how it's made. You can easily put the new radio by yourself.
If any other questions, feel free to ask.
|09-22-2011, 07:26 AM||#5 (permalink)|
|09-22-2011, 02:58 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: jacksonville, fl
2012 2.0 sonata harbor gray 2012 2.0 sonata Dark blue
I like the idea behind this but heres the problem I have. If I keep the factory head unit and I am just changing out the display I still have the unpowered stock head unit. Its just like putting spinners on a civic its still a civic. I would rather spend a couple hundred more and get a better head unit. Now I was able to find a replacement head unit that will be coming out basically looks like this but just has more power.
TRAILDUTY.COM said they would have these for 900.00 and 149.99 for xm kit starting next month.
I wasnt trying to thead hijack but just wanted to let everyone know the other options instead of starting another thread.
|09-22-2011, 05:20 PM||#8 (permalink)|
I appreciate your comments. You are absolutely right, changing the face place to a computer touch screen will not improve the sound performance of the factory radio, you are correct.
However, it depends on your priorities. If high quality sound and power is your top priority, then, you are correct, you should put your money in something else but not where you might think.
Those fully integrated OEM like will disappoint you as far the sound quality. I am positive, 90% of those aftermarkets OEM like are made in China and the quality of the components, sound processors and printed circuits are way out of the sound quality you can expect. Their way of measuring the output power is measured within their own standards and most does not meet with CEA-2006 compliancy. If you want to be ensured to have good sound quality, then I would suggest to you to stay within the popular brands like Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine… to name a few.
Also, if you want to retain the factory features you had like XM, Bluetooth, steering wheel, then you have to ditch a couple of hundreds for those accessories. On top of all, if you want to add navigation, well a few more hundreds. At the end, based on my little 25 years in the 12 volts industry, you might end up somewhere at 1,500$ at least… this is a little more than “couple hundred”
My point is if you are happy with the performance of your radio, you don’t like a wire spaghetti in your car, you don’t want to mess with your car wires and you would like to keep everything you already have plus a little more extras then a think our solution is a nice fit OEM like that will keep theft away.
Remember, you keep all you already have and you add navigation and little more multimedia capability.
Hope that helps!
N.B. in case you ask, what we’re about to release is a supplier of a very popular car manufacturer in Korea, can’t say more…
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|