Dangerous, Horrible DCT - Page 195 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum
 1437Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1941 of 1951 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
pmark is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the latest update about a month ago and just today my wife said that acceleration problems appeared again. It was fine again up to today so like HeatherS said, the fix somehow "worn off". I know that isn't what happened, but it was fine until today again. I wonder if the change in weather has anything to do with it?
pmark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1942 of 1951 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Drives 2016 Tucson Limited
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe it had both done. I'd have to pull out the paperwork from all the visits and see. Fun new update to add though. I dropped my car off on Monday the 10th. I've had a loaner since luckily. This is day 8. I called today and was like uhh are we done or what because I'm over the loaner. Someone finally tells me that a day or two after I took mine in, another Tucson comes in with the same issue only they can actually duplicate that one and it's throwing some sort of code. They have TechLine involved and are working on a fix for that one. They are trying to get them to allow the same fix for mine even though the issue isn't able to be duplicated. I am going out of town in 3 days and they basically said if it's not fixed, their loaner can sit at the airport. We shall see how this continues..
HeatherS is offline  
post #1943 of 1951 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Randk is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if the Hyundai DCT class action lawsuit is still active?

I tried to get more information about the class action through the contact information on the class action lawsuit website, but I haven't heard back anything yet.
Randk is offline  
 
post #1944 of 1951 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:27 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Drives 2016 Tucson Limited
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point
Update. After 10 days, and working with TechLine to fix my Tucson and the other that came in at the same time.. drum roll please.. I get ANOTHER software update. So over the entire thing. The other Tucson that actually threw a code and actually duplicated the issue gets a new gear shift actuator. I get to pick mine up yet again with probably no real fix. Round 4 people..
solman98 likes this.
HeatherS is offline  
post #1945 of 1951 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Oakdale, Ca.
2017 Tucson, Sport
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Guitargeak99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, took forever to read thru this thread.
I have to confess, when I purchased my 2017 Tucson Sport at Christmas I didn't have a clue about DCT.
My wife and I have just driven this like any other automatic transmission.
The only thing we noticed was a very slight hesitation or delay when taking off from a stop. It's very negligible and I originally thought the delay was the turbo.
So far we have no issues and are very happy with this vehicle, but thanks to this thread I at least know to be aware of this potential issue.

Regards
Dwryan and Cremator75 like this.
Guitargeak99 is offline  
post #1946 of 1951 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ontario Canada
2016 Tucson Premium 1.6T AWD Mojave Sand (or Brown for us color blind people)
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Trig German is an unknown quantity at this point
Had the update done in Dec 2016 on a 1.6T model.

Last Friday night, wife is driving home. At the lights making a left turn. From a standstill she steps on gas and vehicle is slow to accelerate forward (under 5 km per hour for over 2 seconds -she thinks it was at least 4) even though she is pressing hard. Regardless she almost died making the left turn. This problem still exists. For any Canadians reading this and own a 1.6T model, if you experience this hesitation acceleration flaw, after having Hyundai perform the fix for recall #2016436 R0120 (61C077) , then take the time to report your incident to the Canadian Government's recall. It may save your life or someone you know.

Recall Details

2016 Tucson 1.6T Premium
Trig German is offline  
post #1947 of 1951 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
sbr711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: hiding from those who might be looking for me
I dont own Hyundai car, I drive everybody else Hyundai during day
Posts: 13,895
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
sbr711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig German View Post
Had the update done in Dec 2016 on a 1.6T model.

Last Friday night, wife is driving home. At the lights making a left turn. From a standstill she steps on gas and vehicle is slow to accelerate forward (under 5 km per hour for over 2 seconds -she thinks it was at least 4) even though she is pressing hard. Regardless she almost died making the left turn. This problem still exists. For any Canadians reading this and own a 1.6T model, if you experience this hesitation acceleration flaw, after having Hyundai perform the fix for recall #2016436 R0120 (61C077) , then take the time to report your incident to the Canadian Government's recall. It may save your life or someone you know.

Recall Details
DEC 2016 ?? ....... newer 2 part update pack available in USA since earlier this year,, Engine update & Transmission update.....

Is yours up to date ?

Something Hyundai Motor "DOES NOT CALL OUT" in the instructions is to perform the 2 step clutch calibration after update install.... tell your dealer fella to go to SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT and do the clutch calibrate,, first step is approx 30 second engine off,, 2nd step is approx 60 second engine on learn process..

---------------------------------------------------------
USA paperwork --

Description:
Eco, Sport, and Limited trim 2016 Hyundai Tucsons are equipped with a 7-speed EcoShift® Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT).

In specific operating conditions, the transmission clutch application logic
can result in a delayed engagement when accelerating from a stop. If the accelerator pedal is steadily depressed for approximately 1.5 to 2 seconds, the vehicle will begin to accelerate and normal driving is resumed.

However, if the accelerator pedal is repeatedly cycled, the vehicle will not
accelerate. The inability to move the vehicle in traffic may increase the risk of a crash.

Also accompanying with the software are updates for the following:

• A slight hesitation at low speeds that can be experienced in certain driving conditions. This update improves the low speed engine and transmission response.

• Malfunction indicator light illuminated with DTC P0128 - Coolant Thermostat - Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature.

------------------------------

413* TL 1.6T 7DCT CONTROL LOGIC IMPROVEMENT(ECM 1 of 2)

414* TL 1.6T 7DCT CONTROL LOGIC IMPROVEMENT(TCM 2 of 2)

Around here some of them is coming back, as ding dongs doing update never read instructions,, just read DCT update on job line of repair order, so they just select TRANS, find update and install,, then ship it

Fault HYundai Motor for adding pop-up like a previous edition update for another chassis that says to do the other program if not done yet..

Fault Hyundai Motor for not including in the instructions to do the clutch calibrate.. doing everything makes it so I can it is all up to date and calibrated as specified by Hyundai with what tools they offer me..

So they show up, and I get tasked with them, run through all updates,,, OOPs,, somebody fail to install engine side,, so I have to do that, verify trans ROM ID, then calibrate, and give back to owner.

<--- Please fill in the 'location' and 'what you drive(year & chassis) and engine size' boxes on your personal profile page.
This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
sbr711 is offline  
post #1948 of 1951 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Drives 2016 Tucson Eco AWD
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
gggplaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig German View Post
Had the update done in Dec 2016 on a 1.6T model.

Last Friday night, wife is driving home. At the lights making a left turn. From a standstill she steps on gas and vehicle is slow to accelerate forward (under 5 km per hour for over 2 seconds -she thinks it was at least 4) even though she is pressing hard. Regardless she almost died making the left turn. This problem still exists. For any Canadians reading this and own a 1.6T model, if you experience this hesitation acceleration flaw, after having Hyundai perform the fix for recall #2016436 R0120 (61C077) , then take the time to report your incident to the Canadian Government's recall. It may save your life or someone you know.

Recall Details
Not really a flaw, you have to keep in mind that this is an automated manual transmission. If you've driven a manual transmission, you know you can't just mash the throttle like that. You have to work the clutch and throttle first, then once you're off the clutch pedal you can mash the throttle.

This is exactly as I've said would happen in post 7 in this thread: Very interesting video on how to drive a DCT
gggplaya is offline  
post #1949 of 1951 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
 
HDHyundiaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Carolina
Drives 2016 Elantra (Wife) Drives 2016 Tucson Limited
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
HDHyundiaGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggplaya View Post
Not really a flaw, you have to keep in mind that this is an automated manual transmission. If you've driven a manual transmission, you know you can't just mash the throttle like that. You have to work the clutch and throttle first, then once you're off the clutch pedal you can mash the throttle.

This is exactly as I've said would happen in post 7 in this thread: Very interesting video on how to drive a DCT
This is why I don't left my wife drive my Tucson. She's an aggressive driver who takes off fast and stops fast. She's in a tizzy because we have the Snap Shots on our cars from Progressive and they have to stay on for 6 months. At least they are causing her to drive more sane these days!!!!
HDHyundiaGuy is offline  
post #1950 of 1951 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Ontario Canada
2016 Tucson Premium 1.6T AWD Mojave Sand (or Brown for us color blind people)
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Trig German is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Thanks SBR711

Thanks SBR711. Taking it into Dealership on Friday, I will print your reply out and ask the service advisor about this. We really like the vehicle but this is a safety issue big time if not resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr711 View Post
DEC 2016 ?? ....... newer 2 part update pack available in USA since earlier this year,, Engine update & Transmission update.....

Is yours up to date ?

Something Hyundai Motor "DOES NOT CALL OUT" in the instructions is to perform the 2 step clutch calibration after update install.... tell your dealer fella to go to SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT and do the clutch calibrate,, first step is approx 30 second engine off,, 2nd step is approx 60 second engine on learn process..

---------------------------------------------------------
USA paperwork --

Description:
Eco, Sport, and Limited trim 2016 Hyundai Tucsons are equipped with a 7-speed EcoShift® Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT).

In specific operating conditions, the transmission clutch application logic
can result in a delayed engagement when accelerating from a stop. If the accelerator pedal is steadily depressed for approximately 1.5 to 2 seconds, the vehicle will begin to accelerate and normal driving is resumed.

However, if the accelerator pedal is repeatedly cycled, the vehicle will not
accelerate. The inability to move the vehicle in traffic may increase the risk of a crash.

Also accompanying with the software are updates for the following:

• A slight hesitation at low speeds that can be experienced in certain driving conditions. This update improves the low speed engine and transmission response.

• Malfunction indicator light illuminated with DTC P0128 - Coolant Thermostat - Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature.

------------------------------

413* TL 1.6T 7DCT CONTROL LOGIC IMPROVEMENT(ECM 1 of 2)

414* TL 1.6T 7DCT CONTROL LOGIC IMPROVEMENT(TCM 2 of 2)

Around here some of them is coming back, as ding dongs doing update never read instructions,, just read DCT update on job line of repair order, so they just select TRANS, find update and install,, then ship it

Fault HYundai Motor for adding pop-up like a previous edition update for another chassis that says to do the other program if not done yet..

Fault Hyundai Motor for not including in the instructions to do the clutch calibrate.. doing everything makes it so I can it is all up to date and calibrated as specified by Hyundai with what tools they offer me..

So they show up, and I get tasked with them, run through all updates,,, OOPs,, somebody fail to install engine side,, so I have to do that, verify trans ROM ID, then calibrate, and give back to owner.

2016 Tucson 1.6T Premium
Trig German is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome