Infinity Radio - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner
Default

I'm looking for some answers to questions about the Infinity radio in the Veracruz. No one at the dealer is radio savvy so maybe someone else has the answers. I have the Infinity radio with the 7 speaker configuration (2 tweeters in the upper-door, 2 full ranges in the lower door, 2 full ranges in the 2nd row doors, the over-powering center speaker in the dash and the sub-woofer in back. Actually a 7.1 system). There are numerous threads regarding the less than stellar performance of the radio so I am trying to come up with work-arounds.

1) Right now the radio is equalized too much to the center speaker when using AM or FM. One thread suggested turning off Surround Sound but I am guessing that is a setting on the RES version as it is not on mine. Does anyone know if the dealer has access to any hidden set-up codes for the radio that might access this? (I assume itís the same embedded chip for both radios).

2a) The RES and the NAV versions boast a 10 speaker 600 watt output. Does anyone know if the amp is within the radio or if itís a separate amp? If it is separate, I assume I can buy it and add it to my existing radio?

2b) Where are the 3 additional speakers mounted when you get the RES version? Just wondering.

2c) If the extra audio amp is embedded in the RES chassis, could I switch my radio for an RES without having to add the read playout modules?

3) Has anyone found a way to boost the sub-woofer?

Itís amazing that once again a car company thinks the audio is a secondary issue. Ya..Itís a little better than some and falls short compared to others but all-in-all, itís a crummy radio. I'd test a model with RES or NAV however the dealer does not have one on the lot. I assuming the extra power alone makes it a lot better.

Love the car...hate the radio.

Thanks

VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner
Default

Well...I'm making progress. I asked these questions directly to Hyundai customer service via the website. They said to ask the dealer. So I asked the dealer and they said they don't know, try asking Hyundai.

So far I'm 100% sure no one knows anything about Hyundai radios.
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 50
habsrulz
Default

QUOTE (VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner @ Mar 4 2010, 08:54 PM)
Quote:
Well...I'm making progress. I asked these questions directly to Hyundai customer service via the website. They said to ask the dealer. So I asked the dealer and they said they don't know, try asking Hyundai.

So far I'm 100% sure no one knows anything about Hyundai radios.
So by pressing the right butto numerpos times you dont get a sruound option?

It is the last option when pressing through the bass, treble, equalizer etc...

If you have a RES with DVD player and the infinity system then you DO have the surround option
habsrulz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner
Default

QUOTE (Habsrulz @ Mar 5 2010, 08:28 PM)
Quote:
So by pressing the right butto numerpos times you dont get a sruound option?

It is the last option when pressing through the bass, treble, equalizer etc...

If you have a RES with DVD player and the infinity system then you DO have the surround option
No, I dont have that option. Only Tone, position, XM & scroll.

I have the Infinity radio without RES. I apparently doe not have the surround option.

Thanks for the reply.

Hyundai did reply to my question if the radio can be switched with the RES version and the answer was no. The wiring harness is different and they only put the harness in for the radio thats purchased with the car. Not very forward thinking as now I will have to go after market. Oh well.

VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner
Default

Id still like to know where all 10 speakers are. I hope they dont count the ones in the wireless headset.
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Vcruz506
Default

I believe that you would have an '8' speaker system. I have the 10 speaker RES system and it adds two speakers in the headliner, roughly around the third row seat area.
It is interesting that you have the center channel speaker without the Surround option. I know that they moved the option menus all around depending on the head unit. does yours say 'SUR' anywhere on the display?
Vcruz506 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
FWSTL
Default

If you go to www.hmaservice.com, you can view the service manuals and if you go to the radio section, you can see the wiring diagram, speaker location, etc.

I would like to know if the sub-woofer can be boosted. It is hard to hear even in the back of the vehicle.
FWSTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner
Default

QUOTE (Vcruz506 @ Mar 6 2010, 10:11 AM)
Quote:
I believe that you would have an '8' speaker system. I have the 10 speaker RES system and it adds two speakers in the headliner, roughly around the third row seat area.
It is interesting that you have the center channel speaker without the Surround option. I know that they moved the option menus all around depending on the head unit. does yours say 'SUR' anywhere on the display?
No...and that seems to be the problem with the non-res radio. It is stuck in Surround mode and there is no menu option to turn it off. So we end up with almost all of the midrange and dialog out of the center dash speaker and very little channeled to the full range speakers. The sub-woofer is almost non-existant. Basically, they used a sound system designed for a DVD without a DVD. In more realistic terms, they screwed it up.
The good news is its an electronic radio. They could fix the equiliztion...if they wanted to. The bad news is that, like most car manufacturers, they think of the radio an after-thought and do not even have a clue that its a feature that people care about. To them its no more important than the cigarette lighter.

Tis a shame.
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner
Default

QUOTE (FWSTL @ Mar 15 2010, 08:27 PM)
Quote:
If you go to www.hmaservice.com, you can view the service manuals and if you go to the radio section, you can see the wiring diagram, speaker location, etc.

I would like to know if the sub-woofer can be boosted. It is hard to hear even in the back of the vehicle.
Thanks for the point. Once I looked at the diagrams I realize why the radio is so crappy. On the 10 speaker system they actually wire each speaker back to the remote amp so you have better overall control and power balance. On the 8 speaker system (non RES) they saved probably .0003 cents per vehicle and wired only 6 runs back to the amp. In the front door, they paralled the tweeters off of the full range speakers. That knocked the power down thus making the center speaker more pronounced. Its a shame as they show an 8 channel external amp however by not wiring it that wayh, they basically screwed up what could have been a decent system. That as well as adding that stupid center speaker. Without a DVD, its totall unnecessary. The last issue is that they do now add an adjustment for the subwoofer. With a little boost that could have leave gave the impression of a more powerfull system.

I am trying to figure out how to remove the rear panel (without ruining anything) covering the subwoofer and amp to see if I can just replace the amp and/or make better use of the subwoofer. They could have made an easy upgrade to radios if they just put a little thought and a few cents of extra wirings in each car. I would think any chance to stop people from using after market stuff would be a plus but they may think most people just dont care. Audio has always been an after-thought in cars (any brand).
VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
justhqfaves
Default

QUOTE (VicHyundai..VerzcruzOwner @ Mar 23 2010, 04:51 PM)
Quote:
Thanks for the point. Once I looked at the diagrams I realize why the radio is so crappy. On the 10 speaker system they actually wire each speaker back to the remote amp so you have better overall control and power balance. On the 8 speaker system (non RES) they saved probably .0003 cents per vehicle and wired only 6 runs back to the amp. In the front door, they paralled the tweeters off of the full range speakers. That knocked the power down thus making the center speaker more pronounced. Its a shame as they show an 8 channel external amp however by not wiring it that wayh, they basically screwed up what could have been a decent system. That as well as adding that stupid center speaker. Without a DVD, its totall unnecessary. The last issue is that they do now add an adjustment for the subwoofer. With a little boost that could have leave gave the impression of a more powerfull system.

I am trying to figure out how to remove the rear panel (without ruining anything) covering the subwoofer and amp to see if I can just replace the amp and/or make better use of the subwoofer. They could have made an easy upgrade to radios if they just put a little thought and a few cents of extra wirings in each car. I would think any chance to stop people from using after market stuff would be a plus but they may think most people just dont care. Audio has always been an after-thought in cars (any brand).
The Infinity 10 system is not bad if you don't play your music loud. Since I do, I upgraded mine. I have the DVD/Navi/XM headunit and I kept it as is. I replaced all speakers and got two amps. One to power my door speakers and the other to power my sub.
justhqfaves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.