2003 Tiburon Gt - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cisco79

I have an issue with my car hesitating between 2000-3000 rpm when I gas it. If I accelerate quickly it doesn't do it. Also I have an engine light on as well (P0102). I know that its a MAF issue I tried working several issues changing the air cleaner, which is after market (cold air), cleaned out a small motor on the throttle body which was caked with nasty stuff, and it doesn't kick down properly sticks at 2000 for a second then to 1.5k for a second and 1000 for a bit longer then finally 700 idle.... Sorry so long and jumbled but I'm on a blackberry.... Just need some help.... TY! Oh and I recently changed the plugs and if you own one you know what the involves.
Cisco79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

USGravity

Have you tried putting a new MAF sensor on the intake itself? i have an '03 GT with a cold air intake and had a similar issue with both the engine light and rpm hesitation. I forget the code i was getting when i put it on the computer but it ended up being the sensor. Put a new one on last spring and that solved everything. Just a thought..
USGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cisco79

QUOTE (USGravity @ Mar 22 2011, 04:16 PM)
Quote:
Have you tried putting a new MAF sensor on the intake itself? i have an '03 GT with a cold air intake and had a similar issue with both the engine light and rpm hesitation. I forget the code i was getting when i put it on the computer but it ended up being the sensor. Put a new one on last spring and that solved everything. Just a thought..

Thank you for the tip, I as thinking that and was trying to avoid it...lol, but I suppose that that might be the issue, every gear does it at that rpm as well, all the way to 5th. Thank you for the response, thank you very much.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

USGravity

No problem, let me know if that takes care of your problem. My sensor went bad, and my rpms were sticking the same exact way cuz the computer wasn't reading how much oxygen the engine was getting right away so it wasn't kicking down, or up at the right times, which gave me a hesitated response for the engine. But replacing the sensor is a easy enough fix, I hope thats all your problem is too man.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cisco79

QUOTE (USGravity @ Mar 22 2011, 08:05 PM)
Quote:
No problem, let me know if that takes care of your problem. My sensor went bad, and my rpms were sticking the same exact way cuz the computer wasn't reading how much oxygen the engine was getting right away so it wasn't kicking down, or up at the right times, which gave me a hesitated response for the engine. But replacing the sensor is a easy enough fix, I hope thats all your problem is too man.
Yup! changed the MAF and the little red devil is running smooth again! BTW cost me $141.00 with a core included. I noticed on my old one that the little metal piece in there actually had 2 small cracks in it. Something made me check since if I purchase the part I can't return it.... but the part has been replaced and the car is running strong thank you again for the tip!! I love this place. Later all!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

USGravity
Thats good im glad to hear it!! Glad I could help!!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Darksetsumi

Hello. Just a suggestion to both of you next time the problem returns go to auto-zone and buy a 6 dollar can of mass air flow sensor cleaner its a lot cheaper and works 9 times out of 10. =P
Darksetsumi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question