Air Bag Warning Constantly On..? - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
rapids0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: redmond, WA
Drives 2007 Accent SE Manual White
Posts: 39
rapids0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Air Bag Warning Constantly On..?

i have an 07 accent se and was wondering what could be the cause of my air bag light constantly being on in my dashboard instrument cluster... it turned on like a week ago and has been on constantly ever since
__________________
07 Accent SE White Manual
Orange Fuzzy Dice
5 Billiard Ball Shift Knob
Orange LED Interior Lighting
JVC KW-X810
rapids0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sbr711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: hiding from those who might be looking for me
I dont own Hyundai car, I drive everybody else Hyundai during day
Posts: 8,643
sbr711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Warning light illuminated..... scan it for stored DTC, base diagnosis off of DTC recovered..
__________________
<--- please fill in the 'location' and 'what you drive' boxes on your personal profile page.
This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
sbr711 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
johnirvine1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston, MA
07 Accent HB 03 CBR600RR
Posts: 714
johnirvine1
Default

i asked the dealer the same thing, the light is always on and when the passenger sits on the seat the airbag light (next to the clock) turns off, is this what you are talking about?
or are you talking about the one right in between the tach and speedo? that light is always on for me because I pulled out my front seat and when I put it back in the light stayed on (it's been about 1 1/2 years haha)
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3340962
My Youtube page (Over 17 million views)'
My website/business 'IRVINE BROTHERS PHOTOGRAPHY'
07 Accent SE w/122,xxx mi ,16s, AEM SRI, DC Sports front strut bar, Megan lowering springs (not installed yet)
johnirvine1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bluefield, Virginia
Drives: 2011 Accent GS Auto
Posts: 16
ajsykes07
Default

Could be a bad clock spring. Does your horn work?
ajsykes07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
graham.webb89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Accent MC
Posts: 954
graham.webb89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr711 View Post
Warning light illuminated..... scan it for stored DTC, base diagnosis off of DTC recovered..
no offence guys, but stop messing around and listen to this guy ^ he's right, take it to the dealer cause they can scan the DTC and re set it...
__________________
don't mess with "The Nugget"...
-powered by plum sauce
graham.webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sbr711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: hiding from those who might be looking for me
I dont own Hyundai car, I drive everybody else Hyundai during day
Posts: 8,643
sbr711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsykes07 View Post
Could be a bad clock spring. Does your horn work?
Seperate circuit.. see bum horns on MC Accent..

Wanna pick another expensive part ??

Where do we start ??

B1101 Battery voltage high
B1102 Battery voltage low
B1328 FIS-Driver defect
B1329 FIS-Driver communication error
B1333 FIS-Passenger defect
B1334 FIS-Passenger communication error
B1346 Driver airbag resistance too High (1st stage)
B1347 Driver airbag resistance too Low (1st stage)
B1348 Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Ground (1st stage)
B1349 Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Battery (1st stage)
B1352 Passenger airbag resistance too High (1st stage)
B1353 Passenger airbag resistance too Low (1st stage)
B1354 Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Ground (1st stage)
B1355 Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Battery (1st stage)
B1361 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance too High
B1362 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance too Low
B1363 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance circuit short to Ground
B1364 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance circuit short to Battery
B1367 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance too High
B1368 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance too Low
B1369 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Ground
B1370 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Battery
B1371 STPS-Driver instability B1372 STPS-Passenger instability
B1378 Side airbag front-Driver resistance too High
B1379 Side airbag front-Driver resistance too Low
B1380 Side airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Ground
B1381 Side airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Battery
B1382 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance too High
B1383 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance too Low
B1384 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Ground
B1385 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Battery
B1387 STPS-Driver short or short to GroundB1388 STPS-Driver open or short to Battery
B1389 STPS-Driver defect
B1390 STPS-Passenger short or short to Ground
B1391 STPS-Passenger open or short to Battery
B1392 STPS-Passenger defect
B1395 Firing loops interconnection fault
B1400 SIS front-Driver defect
B1403 SIS front-Passenger defect
B1409 SIS front-Driver communication error
B1410 SIS front-Passenger communication error
B1448 OC Passenger Sensor Mat Defect
B1449 OC Passenger Communication Error
B1450 OC Passenger Wrong ID
B1473 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance too High
B1474 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance too Low
B1475 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Ground
B1476 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Battery
B1477 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance too High
B1478 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance too Low
B1479 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Ground
B1480 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Battery
B1481 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance too High
B1482 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance too Low
B1483 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Ground
B1484 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Battery
B1485 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance too High
B1486 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance too Low
B1487 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Ground
B1488 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Battery
B1511 Buckle Switch Driver open or short to Battery
B1512 Buckle Switch Driver short or short to Ground
B1513 Buckle Switch Passenger open or short to Battery
B1514 Buckle Switch Passenger short or short to Ground
B1515 Buckle Switch Driver defect
B1516 Buckle Switch Passenger defect
B1517 Buckle Switch Driver instability
B1518 Buckle Switch Passenger instability
B1620 Internal fault - Replace ECU
B1650 Crash recorded in 1st stage only(Frontal - Replace ECU)
B1651 Crash recorded in front-Driver side airbag(Replace ECU)
B1652 Crash recorded in front-Passenger side airbag(Replace ECU)
B1655 Crash recorded (Side - Replace ECU)
B1657 Crash recorded in Belt pretensioner only
B1658 Belt pretensioner 6 times deployment
B1659 Rear crash detected
B1670 Crash recorded in full stage(Frontal - Replace ECU)
B2500 Warning Lamp
B2505 Passenger airbag off warning lamp failure
__________________
<--- please fill in the 'location' and 'what you drive' boxes on your personal profile page.
This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.

Last edited by sbr711; 02-09-2012 at 09:48 PM.
sbr711 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bluefield, Virginia
Drives: 2011 Accent GS Auto
Posts: 16
ajsykes07
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr711 View Post
Seperate circuit.. see bum horns on MC Accent..

Wanna pick another expensive part ??

Where do we start ??

B1101 Battery voltage high
B1102 Battery voltage low
B1328 FIS-Driver defect
B1329 FIS-Driver communication error
B1333 FIS-Passenger defect
B1334 FIS-Passenger communication error
B1346 Driver airbag resistance too High (1st stage)
B1347 Driver airbag resistance too Low (1st stage)
B1348 Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Ground (1st stage)
B1349 Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Battery (1st stage)
B1352 Passenger airbag resistance too High (1st stage)
B1353 Passenger airbag resistance too Low (1st stage)
B1354 Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Ground (1st stage)
B1355 Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Battery (1st stage)
B1361 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance too High
B1362 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance too Low
B1363 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance circuit short to Ground
B1364 Pretensioner front-Driver resistance circuit short to Battery
B1367 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance too High
B1368 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance too Low
B1369 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Ground
B1370 Pretensioner front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Battery
B1371 STPS-Driver instability B1372 STPS-Passenger instability
B1378 Side airbag front-Driver resistance too High
B1379 Side airbag front-Driver resistance too Low
B1380 Side airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Ground
B1381 Side airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Battery
B1382 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance too High
B1383 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance too Low
B1384 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Ground
B1385 Side airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Battery
B1387 STPS-Driver short or short to GroundB1388 STPS-Driver open or short to Battery
B1389 STPS-Driver defect
B1390 STPS-Passenger short or short to Ground
B1391 STPS-Passenger open or short to Battery
B1392 STPS-Passenger defect
B1395 Firing loops interconnection fault
B1400 SIS front-Driver defect
B1403 SIS front-Passenger defect
B1409 SIS front-Driver communication error
B1410 SIS front-Passenger communication error
B1448 OC Passenger Sensor Mat Defect
B1449 OC Passenger Communication Error
B1450 OC Passenger Wrong ID
B1473 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance too High
B1474 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance too Low
B1475 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Ground
B1476 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Driver resistance circuit short to Battery
B1477 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance too High
B1478 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance too Low
B1479 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Ground
B1480 Inflatable curtain airbag front-Passenger resistance circuit short to Battery
B1481 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance too High
B1482 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance too Low
B1483 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Ground
B1484 2nd stage Driver airbag resistance circuit short to Battery
B1485 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance too High
B1486 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance too Low
B1487 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Ground
B1488 2nd stage Passenger airbag resistance circuit short to Battery
B1511 Buckle Switch Driver open or short to Battery
B1512 Buckle Switch Driver short or short to Ground
B1513 Buckle Switch Passenger open or short to Battery
B1514 Buckle Switch Passenger short or short to Ground
B1515 Buckle Switch Driver defect
B1516 Buckle Switch Passenger defect
B1517 Buckle Switch Driver instability
B1518 Buckle Switch Passenger instability
B1620 Internal fault - Replace ECU
B1650 Crash recorded in 1st stage only(Frontal - Replace ECU)
B1651 Crash recorded in front-Driver side airbag(Replace ECU)
B1652 Crash recorded in front-Passenger side airbag(Replace ECU)
B1655 Crash recorded (Side - Replace ECU)
B1657 Crash recorded in Belt pretensioner only
B1658 Belt pretensioner 6 times deployment
B1659 Rear crash detected
B1670 Crash recorded in full stage(Frontal - Replace ECU)
B2500 Warning Lamp
B2505 Passenger airbag off warning lamp failure
Didn't mean to step on anyones toes. My apologizes. There are more to these cars than I though lol
ajsykes07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sbr711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: hiding from those who might be looking for me
I dont own Hyundai car, I drive everybody else Hyundai during day
Posts: 8,643
sbr711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Enough to make your head spin sometimes.. aggarvate me when I get problem car like this one... complete SRS harness replacement..

Pay attention to the yellow wrapped portions -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT2662.JPG (168.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2664.JPG (154.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2670.JPG (145.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2673.JPG (170.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2682.JPG (158.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2685.JPG (176.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2692.JPG (123.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2694.JPG (161.3 KB, 24 views)
__________________
<--- please fill in the 'location' and 'what you drive' boxes on your personal profile page.
This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
sbr711 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TreyDog650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cali
07 Accent GS
Posts: 1,440
TreyDog650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr711 View Post
Seperate circuit.. see bum horns on MC Accent..

Wanna pick another expensive part ??

Where do we start ??
i think you missed one

jkjk
TreyDog650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.