Esc Off & Brake Light Keep Appearing - Page 2 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Members List Calendar Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Hyundai-Forums.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: fairfax, va, usa
drive a 2008 Hyundai Elantra SE
Posts: 7
hawk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I have a 2008 Elantra SE with ESC. When I changed to LED rear brake lights, the ESC off light came on. and had to restart the engine for it to reset. It kept happening. As soon as I went back to OEM bulb, it stopped. Does anybody know if a canbus led bulb would correct this issue
hawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia , Victoria
Sells, Veloster, i45, i40, Santa Fe, ix35, i30, Elantra, Accent, i20
Posts: 81
Harrison Hyundai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

sounds like the common issue, internal to brake light switch,
take it to a dealer, and they should be able to check for codes, and they should find find fault code c1513 under its history, replace with new switch and problemo solvedo
__________________

























.
Harrison Hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Deptford
09 Sonata
Posts: 18
thegeneral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

My ESC light turns itself off when I go a certain distance above or below sea level. Its something that's been happening since I bought the car and every time I'm at the dealer I mean to bring it up but the problem happens so rarely, I end up forgetting about it till I hit the just to far away distance to turn around go back.

Since it hasn't actually caused any problems while driving I'm not to concerned about it just annoyed.

Going there on Friday about something else maybe this will be the time it gets remembered.
thegeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ActionMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mile High, Colorado
2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L I4 AT - Slate Blue
Posts: 1,083
ActionMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
My ESC light turns itself off when I go a certain distance above or below sea level. Its something that's been happening since I bought the car and every time I'm at the dealer I mean to bring it up but the problem happens so rarely, I end up forgetting about it till I hit the just to far away distance to turn around go back.

Since it hasn't actually caused any problems while driving I'm not to concerned about it just annoyed.

Going there on Friday about something else maybe this will be the time it gets remembered.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. There is an ESC OFF light that comes on when you either manually turn ESC off or the computer turns ESC off due to some irregular condition. Then there is the ESC light that comes on/flickers when the ESC system is actively engaged, for instance when the wheels are slipping on snow/ice. The ESC light does not come on when the ABS is actively engaged, only when the ESC system is actively engaged.
__________________

Vehicles Owned:
  • 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS
  • 2001 Saturn L200
  • 1986 Saab 900 Turbo
  • 1979 Datsun 210
  • 1973 Mercury Montego
ActionMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Deptford
09 Sonata
Posts: 18
thegeneral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionMan View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. There is an ESC OFF light that comes on when you either manually turn ESC off or the computer turns ESC off due to some irregular condition. Then there is the ESC light that comes on/flickers when the ESC system is actively engaged, for instance when the wheels are slipping on snow/ice. The ESC light does not come on when the ABS is actively engaged, only when the ESC system is actively engaged.
My bad, had the sequence wrong in my head time of post. Driving conditions don't seem to make a difference the light comes on when driving through the mountains or when I get below sea level on the way to the shore. The only way to get it to turn back on is when I turn the ignition completely off.
thegeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ActionMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mile High, Colorado
2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L I4 AT - Slate Blue
Posts: 1,083
ActionMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
My bad, had the sequence wrong in my head time of post. Driving conditions don't seem to make a difference the light comes on when driving through the mountains or when I get below sea level on the way to the shore. The only way to get it to turn back on is when I turn the ignition completely off.
This is the ESC OFF light, correct? If so, then you should take your vehicle in and get it scanned for codes as there is some sort of problem that the computer is sensing that is making it turn ESC off. Different size tires, problems with the wheel sensors, etc. could be causing the ESC system to give faulty/erroneous data to the computer which in turn disables ESC for safety reasons.
__________________

Vehicles Owned:
  • 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS
  • 2001 Saturn L200
  • 1986 Saab 900 Turbo
  • 1979 Datsun 210
  • 1973 Mercury Montego
ActionMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ActionMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mile High, Colorado
2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L I4 AT - Slate Blue
Posts: 1,083
ActionMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

It could also be the brake switch found underneath the brake pedal, although those are more prone to failure in the earlier model years of the NF.
__________________

Vehicles Owned:
  • 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS
  • 2001 Saturn L200
  • 1986 Saab 900 Turbo
  • 1979 Datsun 210
  • 1973 Mercury Montego
ActionMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Deptford
09 Sonata
Posts: 18
thegeneral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionMan View Post
This is the ESC OFF light, correct? If so, then you should take your vehicle in and get it scanned for codes as there is some sort of problem that the computer is sensing that is making it turn ESC off. Different size tires, problems with the wheel sensors, etc. could be causing the ESC system to give faulty/erroneous data to the computer which in turn disables ESC for safety reasons.
Correct, going to the dealer on Friday regarding the trunk shock. Hopefully after 3yrs I'll remember to bring it up.
thegeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.